These last few months our community has come together and adapted incredibly to the ever-changing landscape of 2020. You have all achieved so much despite the hurdles and should be proud of what you’ve accomplished (big or small!). We want to continue to provide you with the support you need to further develop your skills, ways to generate income during lockdown and place you in the best position to get back to business. Read on for a few tips and highlights to look forward to this month.
Grow Your Clientele and Generate Revenue
Preparation will help you immensely but so will thinking of new and creative ways to keep your clients engaged. Here are some of the tips we recommend to help you over the coming weeks.
1. Staying agile: This simply means giving yourself enough room to quickly respond to any change. The more flexibility you allow yourself, the better placed you are to navigate the coming months. So in short, take some time to research, learn from the difficult days, experiment on what new offers to provide during and post lockdown or new ways to engage with clients, whilst remaining prepared to adapt.
2. Lean on incentives: A great place to start with engagement is adding value offers for your clients. This could be in the form of vouchers, group booking offers and discounts for future bookings to entice them. And with the festive season fast approaching, these may work well as gift ideas for friends and family too!
3. Get prepared for Christmas bookings: Take time to create quick and beautiful festive nail art designs to get your clients excited about what they can choose from. Choose simple but glittery designs that will help you use your time more efficiently. It’s a great time to share these across your social platforms, to give your clients inspiration for what to book next when you’re back in business.
4. Liven up your social media: There’s no better time to up your game on your social platforms. We recommend creating a weekly posting plan to keep you organised for the month. Regular content means even more engagement from your clients.
5. Make more tutorials: Your clients will be looking for inspiration and nail care advice from you so also plan in some “how-to” videos on useful topics to help them at home including, safe gel-polish removal, basic to advanced mani techniques, your favourite nail art for the festive season and more. (We’ve created the Peacci Custom Kits, the perfect at-home essential kits for your clients. Sign up as a Peacci Brand Partner for client discounts and to make a commission on sales. Find out more below.)
6. Increase your income online: Our sister-brand, Peacci, recently relaunched the brand partner programme offering nail techs and beauty professionals an opportunity to earn even more this lockdown. Along with other key industry initiatives like The Beauty Backed campaign, earlier in the year we also gave back £144,000 through commission and tips to our nail techs. With the launch of the new and improved programme, we hope to raise even more to support our community.
Click here to become a Peacci Brand Partner today.
Keeping Busy & Staying Motivated
This might feel easier said than done, so don’t worry, we’ve pulled together a number of workshops to keep you working and engaged over the coming weeks.
1. Refresh your skills: Join our free weekly workshops, every Wednesday starting 11th November. There’s no booking required, simply head to the @tgbacademy Instagram page on the following dates and times.
Wednesday 11th November at 19.00: “Removing Gel Nails with Natalie Beeley”
Wednesday 18th November at 14:00: “The Perfect Peacci Mani with Hannah Synder”
Wednesday 25th November at 11.00: “Christmas Nail Art with Ewa Krzos”
2. Take time to upskill: We’ve also added a range of low-cost online workshops covering everything from core business practices to expanding your creative skills. Please note, the following workshops will require advanced booking. Keep an eye out on our website as we will continue to add more workshops!
Wednesday 11th November at 11.00: “BIAB: No Refining Application Technique with Ewa Krzos”
Wednesday 25th November at 11.00: “Glow Up Your Business with Natalie Beeley”
Sunday 29th November at 10.00: “Take Perfect Pictures with Jodie Whitehead”
3. TGB Academy Training: We’re delighted that all accredited TGB Academy courses can remain open throughout lockdown. We have worked with our incredible educators over recent months to ensure our education centres are always sanitized and have been adapted to meet social distancing guidelines, as yours and our educators’ safety is of the utmost importance.
4. Industry Support & Guidance: We’ve put together a combination of Government-backed and industry-led financial guidance that may also be useful to you.
- Government Support for the Self-Employed
- Breakdown of Government Support from the National Hair and Beauty Federation
- The British Beauty Council & Beauty Backed Campaign
- Government Job Retention Scheme
5. Stay mindful: It’s easy to feel overwhelmed with what might seem like a flurry of activity and that’s alright too. You know yourself better than anyone so find the pace that works for you and follow that balance.
6. Keep a positive mindset: This is something to nurture at every opportunity and share with the people around you. It’s seeing the challenges we may face as an opportunity to also learn and grow. And as ever, there’s an incredible network of fellow techs as well as the TGB community always here to support you. Follow the link below to get connected.
JOIN OUR FACEBOOK COMMUNITY GROUP HERE